The Original Handcrafted Art-Glass Nail Files from Eye for the Find make a stunning statement. The files are made of fine Czech glass embellished with original works of fused dichroic glass art created by women glass artists. No two are alike. Each comes in a velvety case. Each file is decorated with a handmade art-glass cabechon dichroic glass bead made by glass artists in the Pacific Northwest and affixed to a high-quality glass nail file with a permanently etched finish. All artwork and assembly is done by hand at the Eye for the Find Studio in Portland, Oregon.
- The 4-inch-long mini is ideal for the handbag, travel or on the go. Also great as a child's first nail file.
- The nearly 6-inch-long medium is perfect for home or office use. It is also the most popular size among professional nail technicians.
- The 8-inch-long, heavyweight large file is ideal for diabetic foot care and for general pedicure needs.
Are the glass nail files suitable for artificial nails?
Yes. Eye for the Find glass nail files work equally well on natural or artificial nails. Because the glass nail files do not leave burrs or snags the way emery boards or metal files do, natural nails can be strengthened with regular use. For artificial nails, we recommend dipping the file in water and keeping it damp while using.
Why are glass nail files better for diabetic foot care than metal implements?
Diabetic foot care is essential. Eye for the Find is a leader in providing large glass files that are ideal for foot care. Unlike metal implements that can tear the skin leaving the foot open to infection, the Eye for the Find foot file simply sands away problems. For pedicures use the foot file on either dry or damp feet. (We've found they work best right after a shower or bath, while the foot is still damp.) The upper part of the large foot file has a heavier "grit" than the lower part. The upper part is especially effective in removing calluses. The lower portion is for toenail filing. Simply "sand" over the callus and feel how smooth the file leaves your feet. For especially stubborn calluses, repeat the treatment over the course of several days. No need for razors or scissors. The callus will disappear without running the risk of cutting or tearing skin. For tough toenails, we recommend using the medium-size file to loosen skin under the toe nails before cutting or filing.
How do I clean a glass nail file?
Eye for the Find glass nail files are remarkably easy to keep clean. For personal use, simply wash the file under a faucet.
- Files are made of fine Czech glass and dichroic glass art
- Each file comes in a velvety case
- Three sizes available in a palette of jewel tone file colors:
- Small 4"
- Medium 6"
- Large 8"
- Assorted colors, the color pictured may not be the one you receive.